Sneak Peek Inside Beauty Queen Sushmita Sen’s Personal & Professional Life
Curious to know about the personal and professional life of Sushmita Sen, a super classic beauty? Sushmita is one of India’s renowned beauty pawns. She became the first Indian woman who won the title of Miss Universe in 1994. She is indeed one of the beautiful ladies in this Universe. Even after such big achievements, this girl never let success go to her head. She is a true example of a ‘down-to-earth personality’ indeed.
Sushmita loves to write. There is almost no one who is not aware of her famous one-liners, quotes, and poems. She is always admired as the “Beauty with Brains”. If you’re tempted to know about Sushmita Sen’s age, height, family, professional achievements, etc., here’s your chance.
Basic Details of Sushmita Sen
|Profession||Actress, Model & Social Worker|
|Sushmita Sen Birthdate||19 November 1975|
|Sushmita Sen Age||46 years (as of 2021)|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Height||5 feet and 9 inches (175 cm)|
|Weight||55 kgs (121 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Sushmita Sen – Family
Sushmita Sen was born to Subhra Sen (mother) and Shubeer Sen (father). Her father was an Indian Air Force Wing Commander, and her mother was a Jewelry Designer and a Dubai-based shop owner. She has one brother named Rajeev Sen, who is an entrepreneur and a model.
Sushmita has adopted two baby girls: Renee and Alisah. She adopted her first daughter in 2000 and second daughter in 2010.
Sushmita Sen – Education
Sushmita Sen was born into a Bengali Baidya family on 19 November 1975 in Hyderabad, India. She did her schooling at St. Ann’s High school in Secunderabad, Telangana, and then in Air Force Silver School, Delhi. After her schooling, she got enrolled herself at the Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute in New Delhi for her higher education. She is a graduate of English honors and journalism. At the very young age of 18 years, She opted modeling field for her career, she did not explore more in her career towards other fields.
Sushmita Sen – Career
Sushmita Sen started her career in the field of modeling in 1994 and won the title of ‘Femina Miss India Universe’ at the age of 18 years and got the opportunity to participate in the Miss Universe contest. She won the Miss Universe pageant the same year and became the first Indian woman to accomplish this feat.
After making her mark in the modeling field, She came to Bollywood and made her debut with the movie ‘Dastak’ in 1996. Then there was no power that can stop this girl, she gave several hits to Bollywood like ‘Biwi No. 1’, ‘Aankhen’, ‘Maine Pyaar Kyu Kiya’, ‘Mai Hoon Naa’, etc. She was last seen in one Bengali movie named ‘Nirbaak’. She came back with the web series ‘Aarya’ in 2020 which was considered one of the biggest hits on the OTT platform 2020.
Let’s look at some biggest professional achievements and awards of Sushmita Sen.
Professional Achievements of Sushmita Sen
- Sushmita Sen starred opposite Sharukh Khan in the movie named “Main Hoon Na” which remains her biggest commercial success to date.
- Sushmita’s two biggest achievements are that she won Miss India, and Miss Universe Pageants in the year 1994.
- She starred in the song “Shaka Laka Baby” in the movie “Mudhalvan” which is still very popular among the masses.
- “Woman of Substance” award in India space Awards in 2016 and I Am Woman Awards in 2018.
- Nominated for the “Timeless Beauty” Award from Lux Beauty Awards in 2017.
- Eternal Beauty and Actress of the Decade in the Indian Leadership Conclave in 2016.
- Mother Teresa Award for Social Service in 2013.
- Rajiv Gandhi Award for achievement in Bollywood in 2006.
Sushmita Sen’s Love Life
Did you know Sushmita was very close to getting married several times but chose to walk away? She has not been very lucky in her love life, but there were a lot of rumors and gossip about her boyfriends. She got everyone’s attention in B-town when she had an affair with Vikram Bhatt, the film director. This news spread like a fire in the media because, at that time, Vikram Bhatt was already married and had a child.
As per the industry sources, she has also been in relationships with the following persons:
- Sanjay Narang (Businessman)
- Sabeer Bhatia (Entrepreneur)
- Randeep Hooda (Actor)
- Imtiaz Khatri (Businessman)
- Manav Menon (Ad-filmmaker)
- Bunty Sachdeva (Businessman)
- Mudassar Aziz (Director)
- Wasim Akram (Cricketer)
- Ritik Bhasin (Businessman)
- Rohman Shawl (Model and Actor) – they have recently parted ways in December 2021.
Sushmita Sen’s Net Worth
Sushmita Sen’s Net Worth is 10 million USD which is about 74 crore INR in 2022. According to the sources, her monthly income is around more than 60 lakh rupees. She charged around 3 to 4 crore INR per movie. What does Sushmita Sen do for a living? Her source of income includes advertisements, brand promotions, sponsorships, movies, and TV shows. She has also set up her own entertainment/production company named ‘Tantra Entertainment’. Her annual income is more than 9 crore Indian rupees.
She owns a luxurious house in Versova, Mumbai, India. Here she lives with her daughters. And, she also owns five expensive cars which include Lexus LX 470, BMW 7 Series 730Ld, Fiat Linea, BMW X6, Audi Q7. She is endorsing several brands like Olay, Coca-Cola, Jafra Ruchi Cosmetics Pvt Ltd, Kalyan Jewellers, TAG Heuer, Assotech, FMCG Products, etc.
10 Unknown Facts About Sushmita Sen
- Sushmita was a tomboy in her childhood as she used to spend most of her time with the boys.
- She loves animals and in fact, owns four dogs and a python.
- Sushmita can speak Urdu without a glitch.
- Sushmita’s ex-boyfriend Sabeer Bhatia, head of hotmail.com, gifted her a 10.5-carat diamond ring.
- According to some sources, Sushmita was also involved in an extramarital affair with director Vikram Bhatt. And, the movie named ‘Ankahee’ was based on her affair with Vikram.
- She was not good at English till the age of 16, but after a few years, she learned English very well and started speaking fluently.
- Sushmita is the brand ambassador of some big brands like Assotech and Kalyan Jewellers.
- Sushmita was associated with P& G’s Project Shiksha, which focuses on the education of children around the globe.
- When she won the Miss India pageant in 1994, Aishwarya Rai had broken down backstage.
- Sushmita was robbed in Athens, Greece in January 2012; her credit card, passport, and many other important things were stolen. Due to this, she has faced difficulty to prove her identity there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Sushmita Sen’s Debut Movie?
Ans: Sushmita Sen’s debut movie is Dastak which was released in 1996.
Q: How many daughters does Sushmita sen have?
Ans: Sushmita has adopted two daughters, one in 2000 and the other one in 2010.
Q: What is Sushmita Sen’s favorite food?
Ans: Sushi and Chocolate Fudge are Sushmita’s favorite dishes.
Q: Why did Sushmita Sen adopt kids?
Ans: Sushmita loves kids, she has always dreamt of being a mother and taking care of her kids. That’s why she has adopted two baby girls. In one interview, she said that this was the wisest decision of her life and that it stabilized her life.
Q: What is Sushmita’s favorite perfume brand?
Ans: Sushmita’s favorite perfume brand is Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door.
Q: What business does Sushmita Sen do?
Ans: Sushmita Sen is an efficient businesswoman now. She has set up her own production company ‘Tantra Entertainment’.
That’s all we have about Bengali beauty Sushmita Sen’s personal and professional life. Found this piece interesting and want to read more such pieces? Well, we recommend you to go through our other pieces on IndianVibes as we have many more interesting blogs for you.
IndianVibes solely aims to keep Indians in the USA connected with the soul of their homeland, India. At this portal, you’ll find interesting news, updates, and biographies of famous Indian personalities. And, if you have anything to share and ask, drop us a mail at email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
Indian Vibes is a sister portal to MyTicketsToIndia, one of the best flight booking agencies that deals in offering USA to India flights and back at economical fares. Our team works 24*7 to help our customers in solving their queries regarding their flight bookings. So, to get assistance in finding the best deals, contact us at +1-585-948-0222. We’re just a call away!