8 Mesmerizing Tourist Places To Visit In Nainital
Posted on Friday, September 24th, 2021 by MTI Team
The snow-capped mountains, lush greenery, and scenic views- Nainital is certainly a heartthrob. Also known as the lake district, Nainital city is a popular hill station in North India, located in the state of Uttarakhand. It offers spectacular views of the Himalayas, along with several other opportunities to explore the hilly regions. It is a completely different culture out there, where the locals are lovely people with whom you can connect. Popular tourist places like Naini Lake and Naina Devi temple attract people from all around the world towards the beautiful Nainital places. It is located at an elevation of almost 2,000 meters, therefore being an ideal spot for popular adventurous activities.
Best Time to Visit Nainital Location
March to June is the best time to experience the Nainital beauty. It is a hill station that has relatively cool summers. You will be able to enjoy the weather while you visit the popular tourist destinations here. The weather also permits active participation in various adventurous sports like hiking, paragliding, and trekking.
How to reach Nainital
- By Air: If you are choosing flights to Nainital, you need to opt for the Pantnagar Airport. It is located approximately 65km away from Nainital.
- By Train: Nainital is easily accessible from the Kathgodam railway station. Book direct or indirect trains to this station from your place and have a comfortable trip ahead.
- By Road: Nainital is also easily accessible by roads, mainly from the north-Indian cities. The NH-109 connects Nainital with important places like Pantnagar, Almora, Ranikhet, and Rudrapur.
Nainital Travel Guide: Do Not Miss Out On These 8 Places
|Places in Nainital||Famous for|
|Naini Lake||Natural freshwater body|
|Nainital Zoo||High Altitude Zoo|
|Aerial Ropeway Nainital||Breathtaking views|
|Nanda Devi Temple||Popular pilgrimage spot|
|The Mall Road||Interconnected caves and hanging gardens|
|Eco Cave Gardens||shopping centre|
|Raj Bhawan||The official residence of the Governor|
|Kilbury Bird Sanctuary||Paradise for bird-watching|
Nainital is a beautiful tourist attraction, and there are numerous Nainital places to visit here in this small town. Make sure that you make a list of all the places to visit so that you do not miss out on any.
1. Naini Lake
Naini lake, officially known as Nainital lake, is a beautiful tourist destination here. The scenic beauty, along with the natural landscape, offers breathtaking views for tourists throughout the year. It is a natural freshwater lake which is of tectonic origin. It is believed that Lord Shiva performed his Tandava in Naini Lake.
- Timings: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fees: Only for rides
- Places to eat nearby: Machan restaurant
- Location: Nainital City, Kumaon, India
2. Nainital Zoo
The official name of Nainital Zoo is Bharat Ratna Pt. Govind Ballabh Pant High Altitude Zoo. This place has a host of endangered species like Tibetan Wolves, Silver Pheasant, Barking Deer, Sambar, and Japanese Macaque.
- Timings: 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Fees: INR 50 to INR 150
- Places to eat nearby: Giannis
- Location: Tallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand
3. Aerial Ropeway Nainital
It features an exciting ropeway ride along the valleys portraying the Nainital scenery. You will be able to get a clear view of the snow-clad mountains and Naini Lake all at one stretch. Book the two-way ride to witness amazing views.
- Timings: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fees: INR 300
- Places to eat nearby: Sakley’s
- Location: Ropeway Rd, Mallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002
4. Nanda Devi Temple
This temple is popular among Hindu tourists as well as locals, making it one of the best Nainital places to visit. It features the two eyes of goddess Naina Devi. It is believed that the beautiful eyes of goddess Sati fell here.
- Timings: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Fees: Free
- Places to eat nearby: Royal Kitchen
- Location: Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh
5. The Mall Road, Nainital
It is famous among the Nainital tourist places, which is also a popular shopping center. The Mall Road contains numerous restaurants, shops, and other interesting places to explore.
- Timings: Open all-day
- Fees: Free
- Places to eat nearby: Anupam
- Location: Nainital, Uttarakhand
6. Eco Cave Gardens
This is a kid-friendly place that you can visit along with your family as well as friends. There are various caves interconnected with each other which contain amazing flora and fauna. You can also enjoy excellent delicacies outside the gardens as and when you visit the place.
- Timings: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Fees: INR 20
- Places to eat nearby: Embassy Restaurant
- Location: Sukhatal, Mallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand
7. Raj Bhawan
Raj Bhavan, an ancient British building, is now the summer retreat for the Governor in Uttarakhand. It was used by the Britishers as a summer residence, and it offers some of the picturesque views to fall for, especially during the early months of the year.
- Timings: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fees: INR 450
- Places to eat nearby: Boat House Club
- Location: Nainital, Kumaon
8. Kilbury Bird Sanctuary
It is a bird-watching paradise in Nainital, very similar to the Jim Corbett National Park. Kilbury also contains a bird sanctuary which you can visit, especially during the daytime. You can spot migratory birds as well here. It is located in the Pangot village in Nainital, which is located close to the town center.
- Timings: Open all-day
- Fees: Only for bird sanctuary
- Places to eat nearby: Sonam’s Fast Food
- Location: Kilbury Road, Nainital
5 Adventure Activities to Try in Nainital
If you are an adventure freak looking for the best adventure sports in Nainital, there are no dearth options. You can also make advanced bookings to get desirable prices for these adventure activities.
It is a competitive and recreational sport that uses free-flowing gliders or aircraft with no primary structure. There are various places to visit in Nainital, where you can try paragliding safely and securely.
- Where to try: Naukuchiatal and Bhimtal
- Best time to try: September to November
- Fees (approx): INR 2000
Enjoy the splashing waters of the Naini lake with the help of pedal boats and rowboats. You will be kept under expert supervision throughout your boating journey. You can also enjoy boat rides along with your family on a single boat in Nainital Lake.
- Where to try: Naini Lake, Boat House Club
- Best time to try: March to June
- Fees (approx): 160 per person
3. Ropeway Ride
Experience an enchanting aerial view of Nainital, with the swift-flowing Naini lake. Enjoy the Nainital ropeway ride along with your family, and make sure that you book a two-way ride together. You will be able to witness the picturesque landscape featuring Nainital and its surroundings.
- Where to try: Aerial Ropeway
- Best time to try: Summers, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fees (approx): INR 300
Enjoy the amazing natural landscape as you glide through the forests and river valleys in Nainital. Ziplining is a popular adventure sport that you can perform along with the family members at a stretch.
- Where to try: Golden Bird Adventure, Hill Flight
- Best time to try: March to June
- Fees (approx): INR 300
5. Horse Riding
Choose the swift riding horses to travel around Nainital, and experience an exciting adventure. It will be done under expert supervision so that you can have a safe and secure horse riding experience in Nainital.
- Where to try: Horse Stand, Tiffin Top
- Best time to try: June, September
- Fees (approx): INR 500-700
Different types of Accommodation Options in Nainital
If you are looking for Nainital famous places to stay, here are some options available at present. You can consider any one of them according to your budget and preferences.
- Homestays: Various homestays options are available around the Nainital tourist places. It will cost around INR 1000 per night.
- Resorts: You can opt for popular resorts in Nainital like Naini Retreat and Shervani Hilltop. The average cost will be around INR 4000.
- Villas: Famous resorts in Nainital like Hive Cottage and Clairmont Cottage are the best places to stay. The starting cost is INR 7000.
- Cottages: Yaasha Cottage and The Calm Cottage in Nainital will cost around INR 1200 per night.
- Hotels: Pavilion Hotel and Elphinstone Hotel are popular in Nainital, costing around INR 2500.
5 Hill Stations Near Nainital
The popular hill stations in Uttarakhand offer numerous sightseeing options. You can choose the following hill stations around Nainital to spend some quality time with your family and have a memorable trip.
This place is still unexplored and consists of several hidden treasures. There are seven different lakes here, and it is very near to Nainital.
- What is it famous for: Boating, sightseeing, adventure sports
- Must-visit: Sattal Lake, Sita Tal
- Best time to go: early spring- March to May
- Distance from Nainital: 23 km
Known as the gateway to Kumaon, Haldwani is a popular hill station near Nainital. It offers the best natural landscape along with various other adventurous activities to try.
- What is it famous for: panoramic views and pleasant climatic conditions
- Must-visit: Kathgodam, Sitala Devi Temple
- Best time to go: May or June
- Distance from Nainital: 43 km
Located close to Nainital, Ranikhet is an important tourist location. It consists of ancient British architecture in high collaboration with modern pieces of art. You will also get a clear glimpse of the Himalayan peaks from this hill station.
- What is it famous for: Nanda Devi Peak, Golf Course
- Must-visit: Majhkhali, Haidakhan Babaji Temple
- Best time to go: any time of the year
- Distance from Nainital: 57.6 km
Although a popular tourist destination, Kumaon hill station has many places that are still left to be discovered by the common people. The weather is at its best here, and you can also take up amazing adventurous activities like trekking and hiking in the Kumaon region. You can also find a variety of exotic species of flowers here. The natural treasure is a must-visit place.
- What is it famous for: Amazing flora, Nanda Devi Temple
- Must-visit: Panchachuli Glacier, Jim Corbett National Park
- Best time to go: Throughout the year
- Distance from Nainital: 48 km
It is a small hill station in Uttarakhand, which can be visited as a sightseeing option, apart from the Nainital best places. The excellent shopping centers with magnificent views make it a popular tourist destination throughout the year.
- What is it famous for: Sunsets, Shopping
- Must-visit: Monkey-point, Mall Road
- Best time to go: May or June
- Distance from Nainital: 579 km
Q: How is the climate in Nainital?
Ans: Nainital has a warm and temperate climate, with cool summers and very cold winters. Some of the places in Nainital also receive annual snowfall. It is an ideal spot to visit throughout the year and see the variety of seasons it portrays beautifully.
Q: What does the name ‘Nainital’ signify?
Ans: Nainital has been named after the Goddess Naina Devi, who is worshipped as a deity here. There are eminent temples and lakes named after this goddess, who is considered to be an incarnation of Goddess Durga or Sati.
Q: Which religious places to visit in Nainital?
Ans: Mukteshwar Temple, Shri Neem Karoli Baba Ashram (Kainchi Dham), Naina Devi Temple, and Sri Aurobindo Ashram at some of the major religious attractions in Nainital.
Q: Where to shop in Nainital?
Ans: The Mall Road, Nainital, and Tibetan Market are ideal spots for marketing in Nainital. Tourists, as well as locals, flock to these places for regular shopping.
Q: Is the drinking water in Nainital of bad quality?
Ans: No, not at all. Nainital has supreme quality drinking water fit for all purposes. The water is clinically tested to be safe for drinking purposes. Avoid the running water from taps, as it can lead to certain stomach-related discomforts, especially for tourists.
Get Excellent Prices For Your Nainital Trip With MyTicketsToIndia
Hoping to find affordable flight tickets to visit popular destinations in Nainital? Well, you are on the correct platform. We at MyTicketsToIndia aim to serve our customers with the best prices on flight bookings to Nainital. Kindly contact us to know more about our attractive deals that you’d surely grab onto! We would be delighted to guide you to the lap of nature.
About Girish Sharma | View Posts
Girish Sharma is the CEO of a leading travel company named Myticketstoindia, established in 2012. Being a versed travel expert since 12 years, he shares his peerless voyage expeditions along with interesting travel destination ideas and news updates for the travelaholics across the globe. He is the member of TAAI, Travel Agent Association Of India and his firm has got recognized with the reputed IATA accreditation and became the Inbound Flight Booking Portal of the Year. Loyalty & honesty towards the clients and vendors, have always been the key behind his successful walk of life.. read more