Explore The Enthralling locations in Kullu Manali
Posted on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 by MTI Team
About Kullu Manali
Embracing the Greater Himalayas in the north, Kullu Manali is a top holiday destination, better known as the “Honeymoon Capital of India.” Explore the snow-capped mountains, along with swift-flowing rivers and lush greenery all around. Kullu Manali city in Himachal Pradesh has two adjacent zones, along with a host of top tourist attractions. Never fail or miss an opportunity to enjoy the mesmerizing natural landscape in and around Kullu Manali’s beautiful places, and enjoy the cozy and comfortable weather here. You will also get spiritual vibes by visiting famous temples like Hadimba Devi Temple and Gauri Shankar Temple. Plan an exciting trip here soon, and indulge in some fun adventures.
How To Reach Kullu Manali Location
- By Air: Book your flights to Kullu Manali to the Kullu Manali Airport in Bhuntar, Himachal Pradesh.
- By Train: Reach your preferred destination in Kullu or Manali by direct or indirect trains as well. Joginder Nagar railway station connects the hill station with major parts of the country.
- By Road: You can also board direct buses from Mandi to reach Kullu Manali. Various Delhi to Manali bike trips are also available as per requirements. On the contrary, you can use your personal or rented cars to reach Kullu Manali and plan your trip there.
Best Time To Visit Kullu Manali
If you wish to choose the summer season, you can plan your trip to witness the Kullu Manali beauty during April or June. However, October to February is the ideal time when you can experience the chilly weather and snowfall here with panoramic views. The temperature often drops below zero degrees, and the snow-capped peaks and hills are a treat to watch.
Five Enthralling Locations To Visit In Kullu Manali
|Places in Kullu Manali||Famous for|
|Solang Valley||Various winter adventure sports|
|Vashist Hot Water Spring||Holy Vashisht temple and hot water spring|
|Hadimba Temple||Ancient cave temple dedicated to Hidimbi Devi, wife of Bhima|
|Tibetan Monastery||Works of architectural, pictorial, decorative and landscape art|
|Great Himalayan National Park||Hikers and trekkers & alpine flora and fauna|
Kullu Manali has always been a favorite hotspot for tourists throughout the year. However, you need to know the significance of certain places which make them popular among others, especially in Manali. Check out the beautiful and mesmerizing places to visit and enjoy the Kullu Manali scenery around, and plan your trip accordingly.
1. Solang Valley
Solang Valley lies very near to Rohtang Pass. It derives its name from the nearby village and is a hotspot for tourist attractions and the hub of adventure activities. There are many seasonal sports activities to try here. It is close to the Kullu Valley. It is also known for its splendid views.
- Location: Manali, India
- Tickets: INR 500 per ride on average.
- Opening time: 10 a.m.
2. Vashist Hot Water Springs
Located on the river Beas, there is a natural hot water spring in Vashisht village. It is known as Vashist hot water springs, which also has a temple close to it. The Vashisht Temple is open mainly during the daytime and is popular among the Kullu Manali tourist places. The temperature of the hot springs varies between 43-degree Celsius and 56-degree Celsius. The natural spring is a popular tourist spot.
- Location: Hot Water Spring, Bashisht, Himachal Pradesh
- Tickets: Free
- Opening time: 7 a.m.
3. Hadimba Temple
The significance of this temple dates back to the epic time of Mahabharata. The local people consider Harimba Devi to be their goddess and deity. They worship her on Navratri, which is a good time to visit this temple. Hadimba Devi is believed to be the wife of Bhima, who used to meditate here along with her brother. The temple is surrounded all over by cedar trees.
- Location: Hadimba Temple Road, Old Manali, Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Tickets: Free
- Opening time: 8 a.m.
4. Tibetan Monastery
Located very near to The Mall and Manali bus stand, the Tibetan Monastery is among the well-known places to visit in Kullu Manali. There are many Tibetan refugees here. It has a statue of Lord Buddha, along with small shops where Tibetan items are sold at affordable prices.
- Location: Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Tickets: INR 10
- Opening time: 6 a.m.
5. Great Himalayan National Park
The Great Himalayan National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage site which is also a hotspot of Ecotourism in Himachal Pradesh. You will get to witness an amazing collection of flora and fauna, like snow leopards and deodar and pine forests. Indulge yourself in various adventure sports along the foothills of the Himalayas.
- Location: Forest Office Rd, Shamshi, Himachal Pradesh 175126
- Tickets: INR 50
- Opening time: Open 24 hours
Five Weekend Getaways from Kullu Manali
If you love the experience of a serene and peaceful stay in the mountainous regions, Kullu Manali has a host of places to offer. You will be able to plan your trip in a better way and explore the less-traveled places in these unique spots.
It is a small village located in Parvati Valley, in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. If you love scenic views of Himalayan mountains and a quiet vacation, Kasol will definitely be among the best Kullu Manali places to visit. You must visit the serene village amidst the hustle and bustle and enjoy your trip ahead.
- Located in: 30 km from Bhuntar.
- Things to do: trekking, river rafting.
- Nearby locations to see: Manikaran Sahib, Kheer Ganga, Moon Dance Cafe.
It is an ancient town located on the left bank of river Beas. The town holds historical significance, as it once used to be the capital city of the Kullu kingdom. There are many less-explored Kullu Manali tourist places to visit in Naggar.
- Located in: Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh 175103
- Things to do: trekking, fishing
- Nearby locations to see: Uruswati Himalayan Folk Art Museum, Naggar Castle
3. Bhrigu Lake
It is a lake located above 4300 meters of sea level, named after Maharishi Bhrigu. The nearest village is Gulaba village, and the locals get highly benefited from this lake feature crystal water. There are many picturesque views offered by the amazing landscape here.
- Located in: Kullu, Himachal Pradesh
- Things to do: Grassland trekking, hiking, photography
- Nearby locations to see: Hanuman Tibba, Rola Khuli
The village is located on the west of Joginder Nagar Valley in Himachal Pradesh. There are many popular tourist places to visit in and around the village. You will also be able to meet and converse with the locals here who are amicable and sweet in their own way. Mountain biking is quite popular around these roads.
- Located in: Himachal Pradesh
- Things to do: Camping, Paragliding
- Nearby locations to see: Bir Tibetan Colony, Gunehar Waterfall, Bir Market
5. Tirthan Valley
Along with its lush green meadows and swift-flowing river Tirthan, this valley is exclusively rated as one of the most important Kullu Manali places to visit. The amazing collection of flora and fauna, along with the beautiful natural landscape, makes this place even more unique.
- Located in: Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh
- Things to do: River rafting, trekking, sightseeing
- Nearby locations to see: Tirthan Lake, Jalori Pass, Great Himalayan National Park
Five Warm, Restful, And Budgetary Stays In Kullu Manali
Are you looking for the best budget hotels to stay in and around Kullu Manali? Here are some places which can lighten up your mood for the day and also offer the best services available. You can also visit the Kullu Manali best places from these hotels easily.
1. Apple Country Resorts
Located at the highest point in Manali, this resort provides a heaven-on-earth experience for all. You will be able to experience the best Manali tour with a luxurious stay here and would be blessed with excellent views of the amazing hills.
- Located in: Log Huts Area, Log Huts Area Rd, Old Manali, Manali, Himachal Pradesh 175131
- Facilities: Spa, Wellness center, Manali luxurious camping, Manali trekking expedition.
- Charges as per day: INR 2000
2. Negis Hotel Mayflower
This hotel is a standard place to stay in Manali. It consists of swift services along with the cooperative staff. You will be able to enjoy a great family trip by staying here. Visit the Kullu Manali famous places with an eminent tour guide from this hotel.
- Located in: Clubhouse Rd, Old Manali, Manali, Himachal Pradesh 175131
- Facilities: Manali rafting adventure, Manali apple orchard camping, Manali riverfront camping
- Charges as per day: INR 7000
3. Larisa Resort
Located at a favorable place in Kullu Manali, this resort offers a luxurious stay at great prices. You will be able to indulge in various festivities inside the resort while also visiting the nearby sightseeing spots.
- Located in: Kullu – Naggar – Manali Rd, Haripur, Himachal Pradesh 175136
- Facilities: Advance bookings, recreational activities, air-conditioned rooms
- Charges as per day: INR 8000
4. Mastiff Grand Manali
The hotel’s amazing location and reachability make it a popular residence for many tourists. You will also be able to visit the nearby tourist places on foot. Regular bus services from the hotel will help you reach the tourist spots according to the trip to Manali timings.
- Located in: Kullu Manali, National Highway 3, Manali, Himachal Pradesh 175143
- Facilities: 24/7 hot water availability, efficient staff, fine dining, AC and non-AC rooms
- Charges as per day: INR 2490
5. Snow Touch Resort
This place has a beautiful garden and terrace, from where you can enjoy the scenic places and beauty of Manali. Enjoy quality time with your family while also witnessing some of the stunning views of the landscape.
- Located in: Mahili, Patlikuhal – Naggar Rd, Manali, Himachal Pradesh 175129
- Facilities: Garden views, wifi,
- Charges as per day: INR 2100
Q: What are the famous street foods to try in Kullu Manali?
Ans: Bombay Bhel Puri, Samosas, Khatta, and Sidu are some of the famous street foods to try in Kullu and Manali. There are popular places near Kullu Valley where you can try these amazing delicacies.
Q: Which adventure sports are available for tourists in Kullu Manali?
Ans: You can participate in various exciting adventure sports in Kullu Manali. Some of them include day hikes, camping, trekking, skiing, and paragliding. If you are an adventure enthusiast, you will get a lot of options to try here.
Q: Which kid-friendly places to visit in Kullu Manali?
Ans: Some of the family-friendly and kid-friendly Kullu Manali places to visit are Rahala Falls, Jogini Waterfalls, Rohtang Pass, and Raghunath Temple.
Q: Can I rent a full house for my trip to Kullu Manali?
Ans: Yes, you can rent the various resorts and cottages in Kullu Manali. They are offered at amazing prices, especially for family trips.
Q: Which shopping centers to visit in Kullu Manali?
Ans: Old Manali Market, Tibetan Market, Himachal Emporium, and The Mall Road are some of the popular places to shop in Kullu Manali. You will also find affordable marketing places near Bijli Mahadev temple and Siyali Mahadev temple.
Plan Your Journey Details With MyTicketsToIndia
Are you in a constant search for the best online travel agency? If you are looking for expert guidance for your Kullu Manali trip ahead, MyTicketsToIndia can work best for you. You will also get the best Kullu Manali tour packages with lightning deals to fall for.
About Girish Sharma | View Posts
Girish Sharma is the CEO of a leading travel company named Myticketstoindia, established in 2012. Being a versed travel expert since 12 years, he shares his peerless voyage expeditions along with interesting travel destination ideas and news updates for the travelaholics across the globe. He is the member of TAAI, Travel Agent Association Of India and his firm has got recognized with the reputed IATA accreditation and became the Inbound Flight Booking Portal of the Year. Loyalty & honesty towards the clients and vendors, have always been the key behind his successful walk of life.. read more