Kashi Vishwanath Temple – Everything You Need To Know!
Posted on Thursday, January 5th, 2023 by MTI Team
Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the most revered temples in India. Located in Varanasi, Kashi Vishwanath Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, the Hindu god of destruction. It is believed that the temple was built by the Maratha ruler, Peshwa Baji Rao I, in the 18th century. Let’s learn more facts about the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in this handy guide –
History Of Kashi Vishwanath Temple
Kashi Vishwanath Temple, one of the famous tourist attractions in India, is situated on the banks of the holy river Ganga. It is believed that the temple was built on the site of an ancient temple that was destroyed by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in the 17th century. The temple is also known for its spiritual importance and is said to grant wishes and fulfill desires.
Architecture Of Kashi Vishwanath Temple
The Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the most sacred temples in India and is visited by thousands of devotees every day. The temple is a magnificent structure, with a gold-plated spire and a massive courtyard. The temple complex consists of five temples, all dedicated to Lord Shiva. These include Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Annapurna Temple, Kalbhairav Temple, Vishnu Temple, and Kashi Vidyapeeth.
Best Time To Visit Kashi Vishwanath Temple
The best time to visit Kashi Vishwanath Temple is during the months of October and November when the weather is pleasant and the atmosphere is perfect for a spiritual journey. The temple opens at 5:30 am and closes at 9:00 pm. It is important to time the visit so that it coincides with the temple’s puja timings. During the puja, the temple priests chant mantras and perform puja rituals to Lord Shiva. Tourists can also opt for a guided tour of the temple, which is conducted by an experienced priest. Book your India tour packages today and explore this revered temple.
Things To Do In Kashi Vishwanath Temple
If you’re planning to visit Kashi Vishwanath Temple, here are some of the things that you can do:
1. Attend the daily aarti: Aarti is an important part of Hindu rituals and is performed every day at the temple. It is a way of paying respects to Lord Shiva and the gods and goddesses associated with him. It is an incredible sight to witness hundreds of devotees come together to pray and chant mantras dedicated to Lord Shiva.
2. Participate in the ablution ceremony: Every evening, the temple priests perform an ablution ceremony for the Lord Shiva idol. It is a traditional ritual where water is poured onto the idol to clean and purify it. Devotees can take part in this ceremony and get blessed by the Lord.
3. Take part in the pujas: Pujas are religious ceremonies performed to seek blessings and good luck from the gods. Devotees can take part in these pujas and experience the spiritual vibes of the temple.
4. Visit other temples nearby: There are several other temples located near Kashi Vishwanath Temple. Some of them are Kaal Bhairav temple, Sankat Mochan temple, Annapurna temple, etc. All these temples are equally beautiful and are great places to explore the Hindu religion.
5. Explore the markets around the temple: There are many markets located around the temple where one can buy Hindu religious artifacts, souvenirs, and other items. These markets are a great place to experience the local culture of Varanasi.
6. Enjoy the evening Ganga Aarti: Ganga Aarti is a popular evening ritual performed by priests at the ghats near the temple. As the evening progresses, devotees and tourists gather at the ghats for the aarti. It is a beautiful sight to witness hundreds of lamps floating in the Ganges with prayers and chants in the background.
How To Reach Kashi Vishwanath Temple?
If you’re planning to visit Kashi Vishwanath Temple, here are a few tips to help you reach the temple without any hassle.
1. By Air: Varanasi has its airport, the Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport, located about 22 km away from the temple. You can take a cab from the airport to reach the temple.
2. By Train: Varanasi Junction is one of the busiest railway stations in the country. You can take a train from any part of the country to reach Varanasi and then take a cab or an auto-rickshaw to reach the temple.
3. By Bus: Varanasi has an extensive network of buses that connect the city to its neighboring states. You can take a bus from any part of the country to reach Varanasi and then take a cab or an auto-rickshaw to reach the temple.
4. By Boat: The River Ganges is a popular mode of transportation for the locals as well as for tourists. You can take a boat from any part of the city to reach the temple.
If you are looking to travel to Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Uttar Pradesh from USA, consider taking these popular routes –
Explore Kashi Vishwanath Temple With MyTicketsToIndia
If you are planning a trip to India, then exploring Kashi Vishwanath Temple should be on your list. Visiting this temple is an amazing experience and one that you will remember for a lifetime. And, with MyTicketsToIndia, you can make sure that your visit to Kashi Vishwanath Temple is smooth and hassle-free. We’ll provide you with a range of services to make sure that your visit to Kashi Vishwanath Temple is comfortable and enjoyable. From getting the best USA to India flights to booking the best accommodation in Varanasi, you can be sure that we have you covered.
So, contact us today to get the cheapest fares and the most budget-friendly travel.
Other Temples In Uttarakhand
Do you want to see more amazing temples in Uttar Pradesh? Here are some other temples that lots of people visit. You can go there for a spiritual experience. Take a look now!