Discounted Pondicherry Tour Packages
On the Southeast side of the Indian subcontinent, Pondicherry or Pondy or Puducherry is a famous tourist destination for a calm and relaxed holiday any time of the year. The popularity of Pondicherry tour packages is increasing day by day among both domestic and international tourists. The amalgamation of Tamil and french cuisines and architecture, the quietude of the alleys and the bustling boulevards, and the jaunty crowd, all make Pondicherry a compelling place to visit in India. Apart from this, Pondicherry also houses a number of beautiful Hindu temples and Churches that have spectacular architecture to adore. Read more
A calm & quiet holiday on balmy beaches soaking up the sun awaits you in Pondicherry. Make the most of this travel destination by booking your Pondicherry travel packages with MyTicketsToIndia. Choose from our assorted India tour packages that are designed keeping in mind travelers’ specific needs and preferences.
Weather In Pondicherry
The town of Pondicherry which lies in the southern part of India has a tropical climate. The town experiences three major seasons – Summer, Monsoon, and Winter. The average temperature of days in the summer season (March to June) is 41°c. The monsoon season lasts from July to September, and the city receives light to heavy rainfall during this time. The temperature in these months ranges from 27°c to 34°c. The average temperature in the winter season (October to February) in the town varies between 16°c and 22°c.
Best Time To Visit Pondicherry
Regardless of the seasons though, millions of tourists visit Pondicherry throughout the year, as each season brings with it its own charm. But to be more specific, if you want to experience the real beauty of the town, the months between October and February are ideal for visiting Pondicherry. The cool weather during these months creates the perfect conditions for sightseeing and exploration. The summer season (March to June) is the best time to explore and enjoy your Pondicherry trip in fewer crowds.
Top Tips For Travelers Taking Pondicherry Travel Packages
- Pondicherry is generally humid. Wearing cotton fabrics is the perfect way to beat the summer heat.
- A pair of sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen are also recommended for protection from the sun’s harsh rays.
- Carry a multi-purpose stole in your bag. If you are planning to visit nearby villages, it is advisable to dress modestly.
- Avoid wandering around at night because most of the streets in Pondicherry are empty at night.
- Always carry a water bottle align with you to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid drinking tap water.
- Pack a first aid kit with some basic medicines for cough, fever, headache, cold, etc. along with some antiseptic creams.
How To Reach Pondicherry
- By Air – The easiest way to reach Pondicherry is by air. The town has its own domestic airport. So, book your international flights to major cities of India such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, etc., and then easily get a flight to Pondicherry from these cities.
- By Train – You can also reach Pondicherry via train. The nearest railway station to Pondicherry is Villupuram. The railway station is well-connected to major Indian cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore. You can book a taxi to reach the town of Pondicherry from Villupuram, which is approx 35 km away.
- By Road – For a more exciting and thrilling journey, you can travel to Pondicherry via road. Pondicherry is well-connected by roads and various government-operated and private buses operate to and from the town.
Things To Do In Pondicherry
- Try scuba diving in Pondicherry. Packed with enchanting marine life, the town offers an amazing adventure of scuba diving off the country’s East Coast.
- Explore Auroville. A town in Pondicherry that runs on the principles of peace, harmony, sustainable living, and divine consciousness.
- Pay a visit to Sri Aurobindo Ashram, a spiritual community or ashram located in Pondicherry.
- Play on Paradise beach, also known as Plage Paradiso. Adorned with golden sand, it is a little-isolated beach.
- Take a leisure walk by the seaside Promenade, a well-maintained, clean, and beautiful area.
- Tour this beautiful territory on traditional vintage bicycles, one of the most exciting and picturesque things to do in Pondicherry.
Don’t miss out on exploring some famous tourist places to visit in Pondicherry to witness the real beauty of this place.
Seren and beautiful, the beaches in Pondicherry are scenes of sheer delight. Visit them to have a relaxing & peaceful time.
The cuisine of Ponicherry helps the epicure take delight in every single bite. Explore famous restaurants in Pondicherry for delicious food.
Witnessing the festivals in Pondicherry & their grand celebrations is a treat as this city celebrates almost every South Indian event.
Why Choose MyTicketsToIndia To Book Pondicherry Tour Packages?
Surprise yourself with a visual treat of mini France in India by planning a trip to the picturesque Pondicherry. We, at MyTicketsToIndia, can help you to book your trip at economical rates. We have a number of amazing Pondicherry tour packages that are completely customizable and budget-friendly, making them the perfect choice for a vacation with friends or family. Whether it is a staycation at the finest hotel, a spiritual tour to Auroville, an expedition for a closer at the culture of Pondicherry, or maybe a fun-filled family vacation, our Pondicherry travel packages encompass the best travel itineraries.
So, go ahead, book flights to Pondicherry, and select from our wide array of Pondicherry holiday packages that range from spiritual to beach holidays to heritage and sightseeing tours catering to your every travel need. We assure to make it your best memory. Call our travel agents today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many days are sufficient for a Pondicherry trip?
A: 4 to 5 days are enough to explore all the famous tourist attractions in Pondicherry.
Q: What is the best local food in Pondicherry?
A: Some of the popular items you can taste in Pondicherry are – Baguettes, Croissants, Stuffed Cabbage, Italian Baked Beans, and many more.
Q: Is Pondicherry safe for solo female travelers to visit?
A: Yes, Pondicherry is totally safe for solo female travelers. You can explore this beautiful town without any fear of your security.
Q: What can you wear in Pondicherry?
A: You can wear modern and decent clothes in Pndicherry such as cotton shirts, trousers, skirts, shorts, tops, etc.
Q: What can I buy on my Pondicherry trip?
A: Pondicherry won’t disappoint you if you love shopping. You can buy hand-made incense, aromatic candles, semi-precious stones, stylish garments, perfumes, French and Tibetan antiques, marbled silk, etc. at affordable rates.