About Siddhivinayak Temple
Posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2023 by MTI Team
The Siddhivinayak Temple, located in Prabhadevi in Mumbai, is one of the oldest and most revered temples in India. It is dedicated to Lord Ganesha and is considered to be one of the most important shrines for Hindu devotees. The Temple also offers various special services to its devotees. These include a free lunch, free medical treatment, free books, and free education. The temple also provides free accommodation to devotees who visit the temple. Let’s know more about the temple below –
History Of Siddhivinayak Temple
The Siddhivinayak Temple is believed to have been built in the late 18th century by a wealthy devotee of Lord Ganesha, Laxman Vithu, and his wife Deubai Patil. According to legend, the couple had a dream in which Lord Ganesha appeared to them and told them to build a temple at that spot, so they did. Since then, the temple has been a major pilgrimage site for devotees of Lord Ganesha.
Architecture Of Siddhivinayak Temple
The Siddhivinayak Temple, one of the most beautiful temples in India, is built in the Nagara style of architecture and is constructed in the shape of a square. The temple is surrounded by a compound wall and there is a main gate at the entrance. Inside, there is a central shrine dedicated to Lord Ganesha, surrounded by smaller shrines dedicated to other deities. The temple complex also includes a hall of offerings, a prayer hall, and a temple tank.
Best Time To Visit Siddhivinayak Temple
The best time to visit the temple is from August to February. The weather remains pleasant during this time and the temple celebrates so many festivals in these months. The Temple is particularly popular during major Hindu festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi. During this festival, hundreds of thousands of devotees flock to the temple to seek blessings from Lord Ganesha. On this day, a special puja, or prayer ritual, is held in the temple. On other days, devotees visit the temple to perform puja, offer pooja, and pray to the deity. So, book your India tour packages now and experience the grand celebration of the festivals at this temple.
Things To Do At Siddhivinayak Temple
The Siddhivinayak Temple, one of the best religious tourist attractions in India, is famous for being the temple of Lord Ganesha, the destroyer of obstacles. He is also known as the god of beginnings and remover of all obstacles. Devotees visit the temple to seek the blessings of Lord Ganesha for success in all their endeavors.
Here are some of the things that you can do when you visit the temple.
1. Offer Prayers: One of the most important things that you can do at the Siddhivinayak Temple is to offer prayers to Lord Ganesha. You can offer prayers for success, good health, and prosperity. You can also offer prayers for any specific request.
2. Participate in Rituals: The temple is home to a number of rituals including the Mahapuja, which is done twice a day. You can participate in these rituals and seek the blessings of Lord Ganesha.
3. Visit the Shrine: The temple has a beautiful shrine that devotees can visit to pay their respects to Lord Ganesha. This is also a great place to take a break from all the hustle and bustle of the city.
4. Enjoy the Temple Art: The temple is renowned for its unique architecture and intricate carvings. Take some time to marvel at the beautiful art and sculptures that adorn the temple walls.
5. Explore the Temple Complex: The temple complex is full of interesting sites and activities. You can explore the surroundings and take in the beauty of the temple.
6. Shop for Religious Items: There are a number of shops located near the temple that sell religious items, from idols to books. Take some time to browse the shops and pick up something special.
How To Reach Siddhivinayak Temple
If you’re planning on visiting this sacred temple, here’s a guide on how to reach Siddhivinayak Temple.
- By Air – The closest airport to the temple is Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport or Mumbai Airport. It’s located at a distance of approximately 11 km from the temple. After reaching the airport, you can take a taxi or an auto-rickshaw to the temple. If you’re looking for a more cost-effective option, you can take an airport shuttle bus to the temple. So, book your Mumbai tour packages now and book your tickets to visit this beautiful temple.
- By Train – The closest railway station to the temple is Prabhadevi Station. It’s located at a distance of around 1 km and is well-connected with both local and long-distance trains. After reaching the station, you can take a taxi or an auto-rickshaw to the temple.
- By Road – Siddhivinayak Temple is easily accessible by road. There are several buses that run directly to the temple, with many local and private buses available. You can also opt for a car or a bike to reach the temple. For those looking to hire a taxi, there are several companies offering affordable and reliable services.
Choose one of the below-mentioned popular routes while searching for flights from USA to Maharashtra –
- USA to Mumbai flights
- USA to Pune flights
- USA to Nagpur flights
Explore Siddhivinayak Temple With MyTicketsToIndia At Cheap Prices
Let the spiritual exploration of Siddhivinayak Temple begin with MyTicketsToIndia. We offer a great opportunity to explore this divine temple within a small budget, with the cheapest USA to India flights (and back) and affordable tour packages. We also give prompt replies to any queries put forward by our customers via our 24/7 customer service and live chat option. So, call our team without any further delay and snag the best deal possible.
Other Temples In Maharashtra
Maharashtra holds within its grasp the perfect melange of cultures, ancient architecture, history, heritage, and even the modern areas and culture that the state proudly flaunts. Here are some of the other famous temples in Maharashtra you must visit during your visit –
- Kailasa Temple
- Mahalakshmi Temple
- Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Elephant Caves