Emirates Baggage Allowance Policy – A Complete Guide For Emirates Passengers
Posted on May 6th, 2022 by Priyanka Jadhav, Last updated May 9th, 2022, Leave a Comment
Planning your next journey with Emirates? If yes, knowing all the details about Emirates baggage allowance well in advance will make your travel planning a breeze. This airline, founded in Dubai, is well-known for transporting millions of passengers globally. Emirates is one of the oldest airlines in the United Arab Emirates. Due to the reasonable Emirates baggage allowance international fee, travelers love this airline. These rules cover a variety of topics, including checked baggage, carry-on baggage, and large baggage subject to certain weight constraints since every airline has its own unique set of baggage policies. Let’s discuss these policies in detail:
Emirates Checked Baggage Policy
According to Emirates baggage policy, Emirates has established certain luggage allowance criteria regarding the weight and size limit of the articles, as well as the number of bags authorized. The Emirates Airlines baggage allowance criteria must be followed to board the flight properly. The following regulations govern the allowance for checked luggage:
- Emirates’ checked pieces of luggage allowance are calculated depending on the combined weight of your checked luggage.
- You may bring as much luggage as you choose, depending on the fare class you have booked. According to Emirates Airlines’ size concept, you may bring as many bags as you choose as long as they do not exceed the permitted weight or size limit.
- If you do not conform to the weight restrictions, you may be denied boarding or face a fine.
Emirates Checked Baggage Allowance w.r.t Cabin Class
Emirates checked baggage allowance weight limitations differ according to class cabin type. The following table details the weight restriction for checked bags, as well as the class cabin type:
|Emirates Airlines Class||Emirates Weight Limitations||Emirates Size Dimensions||Emirates Maximum Size|
|Economy||50 pounds||59 linear inches||118 linear inches|
|Premium Economy||50 pounds||59 linear inches||118 linear inches|
|Business||70 pounds||59 linear inches||118 linear inches|
|First||70 pounds||59 linear inches||118 linear inches|
Note: According to the data, Emirates’ weight restrictions range between 50 and 70 pounds. Passengers are requested to follow suit. On not following the regulations, Emirates baggage fees for domestic flights and international flights may apply. Also, be sure that you don’t carry prohibited items in your checked-in bag.
Emirates Extra Baggage Fees Policy
The UAE’s leading airline now allows passengers to bring more baggage than was previously permitted. Excess items can be carried by paying the Emirates extra baggage fee. If a passenger purchases additional pieces of baggage online, then the Emirates baggage fee applied for the first bag will be reduced to half.
General Guidelines for Emirates Passengers Carrying Additional Baggage
- For customers traveling in Economy class, additional baggage should not exceed 50 lbs.
- Emirates will charge a $30 baggage tax for pieces of baggage weighing more than the standard baggage allowance, 50 lbs.
- According to Emirates Business Class baggage allowance policy, passengers are permitted to bring up to 70 pounds of luggage and the same has been applied for passengers traveling in Premium Economy, and First Class.
- The additional baggage must not weigh more than 110 lbs, according to Emirates baggage allowance.
Emirates Oversize and Overweight Baggage Policy
Packing more than the approved amount is not allowed on Emirates, according to Emirates luggage policy. However, when it is required to transport such oversized baggage, passengers have to pay an additional baggage fee according to almost all airlines’ baggage policies. The following table details the fees associated with carrying overweight or oversized articles:
|Category||Emirates Overweight Item Fee||Emirates Oversized Item Fee|
|Items under free baggage allowance||$75||$325|
|Items not under free baggage allowance||$275||$400|
Tip for passengers: Some flyers may consider Emirates extra baggage fees to be exorbitant. When flying on a budget, it may be prudent to determine the maximum weight and size of your luggage in advance. Avoid items that exceed the weight limit and size limit.
Emirates Carry On Baggage Policy
There are specific security measures in place for Emirates’ carry-on baggage policy. These rules apply only to permitted items on flights. Emirates Airlines passengers may bring the following things on board, according to Emirates baggage carry-on regulations:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Foldable strollers for children
- Baby food products
- Child restraint seats
Emirates baggage carry-on weight limit depends on the travel class the passenger has opted for.
- Economy Class passengers are allowed to carry one piece of carry-on baggage or a laptop bag. The size limit may not exceed 55 x 38 x 20 cm and the accepted baggage weight should not be more than 7 kg.
- First Class and Business Class passengers are allowed two pieces of carry-on luggage i.e., one hand baggage (personal item) and one carry-on baggage. According to Emirates hand baggage policy, the weight concept must not exceed 45 x 35 x 20 cm, and both piece models must not exceed the 7 kg limit.
- According to Emirates business class baggage allowance policy for USA to India routes, passengers are allowed to carry one piece of carry-on baggage that must not be more than 115 cm.
Special Emirates Airlines Baggage Allowance Policies
Let’s take a look at the Emirates baggage allowance policy’s rules and regulations in some special cases that passengers need to follow. To avoid extra baggage fees, travelers should pack their special items in carry-on and checked bags according to the following conditions.
1. Emirates Luggage Policy for Disabled Passengers
- Passengers traveling with their wheelchairs, crutches, or portable dialysis machines can check their items into the hold free of charge.
- A portable dialysis machine cannot be brought on board as it is categorized as a hazardous material.
- Vision and hearing impaired passengers relying on assistance dogs need to carry their dogs in a kennel that will be loaded in the hold. Pets are not permitted in the cabin,
2. Emirates Infant Carriers Policy
When flying with infants or children, Emirates Airlines has specific criteria that passengers with infants must follow.
– Maximum dimensions of one cabin bag: 22 inches x 15 inches x 8 inches
– One checked bag weighing no more than 11 pounds (5 kilos).
– Cribs (baby cot) for carrying infants
– Fully foldable stroller
– Child restraint seat for infants
3. Emirates Baggage Policy for Pets
Airlines such as Emirates recognize that some passengers may wish to travel with their pets. However, the airline considers travelers who may not choose to fly with pets in cabins for personal reasons. Taking into account both sorts of flyers, Emirates’ pet policy has been designed to allow pets to be transported without jeopardizing anyone’s comfort.
According to Emirates baggage allowance international policy, the following rules apply to passengers planning to travel with their pets:
- While pets are not permitted in the cabin, they may be transported in checked or cargo baggage.
- Your pet is only permitted to fly as cargo if the entire length of the pet carrier exceeds 300 centimeters.
- Pet-related documents must be submitted at least one week in advance of your departure.
- Even if you do not check any luggage, the total weight of your pet and cage will be charged.
- All pets must be imported with a valid import permit that includes a health certificate, immunization records, and other documents.
4. Emirates Baggage Policy for Musical Instrument and Sports Equipment
Emirates Airlines baggage policy permits passengers to bring on board particular sporting equipment. Additionally, certain musical instruments may be transported on specific flights. Consider the following when deciding what sports and musical equipment to bring onboard:
- Golf Equipment
- Snow Ski Equipment/ Water Ski Equipment
- Bicycles packaged properly
- Musical instruments like guitar, violin, piano, drums, etc.
- Arms such as air guns, target pistols, hunting rifles, etc.
Emirates Delayed, Damaged, or Lost Baggage Policy
If your baggage has been delayed, damaged, or lost during your journey with Emirates, access updates related to your baggage with a file reference number. Your file reference number will be sent to you after you file your claim through Emirates.
Emirates provides Interim Relief (IR) compensation to customers traveling internationally from and to the US. This compensation can help tourists in a new region purchase essential toiletries and sleepwear. To claim IR compensation, one must visit their nearest Emirates office with their passport, checked baggage receipt, and receipt of the purchased flight ticket. However, Emirates does not provide a refund for baggage that has been damaged due to wear and tear, or was overpacked.
Emirates Packing Tips
- Pack according to the weather forecast of your destination. Pack clothes used for multiple purposes.
- Avoid bulky electronics and carry only essential electronic devices like a camera, laptop, and your phone, of course.
- Emirates offers amenities kits and an in-flight entertainment system. So passengers should not necessarily carry any toiletries that make their luggage heavy, such as liquid shampoos, liquid soap, etc.
- Roll your clothes rather than folding them to make space.
- Pack your checked luggage in a hard-shell suitcase to protect them.
Now that you have had a complete understanding of Emirates Baggage Policy, go ahead, book your Emirates flight, and travel in luxury.
Should you have any concerns regarding baggage or booking an Emirates flight, kindly get in touch with MyTicketsToIndia. We are a reliable and leading travel agency aiming to offer our customers the perks of traveling. From seamless flight booking procedures to exciting flight deals and bumper discounts, we have a lot to offer you. Get in touch with us by giving us a call at 1-585-948-0222 or join our live chat on our website.
Baggage Policy For Other Airlines
Given below is the list of airlines’ baggage policy for other popular airlines.
- Air India Baggage Policy
- United Airlines Baggage Policy
- Etihad Baggage Policy
- Lufthansa Airlines Baggage Policy
- Delta Airlines Baggage Policy
- Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy
- Virgin Atlantic Baggage Policy
- American Airlines Baggage Policy
- Air France Baggage Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I carry firearms, weapons, and ammunition?
Ans: Firearms, weapons, and ammunition may be carried as checked baggage on Emirates Airlines provided the passenger follows conditions such:
– Original firearms license and all original documents.
– Should be approved by Emirates three days prior to the flight departure.
– The weight concept of ammunition is 5 kg (11 lb).
Q. Can I carry smart bags?
Ans: There are certain guidelines for carrying smart bags with motors, power banks, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi technology in both cabins and checked baggage on all flights.
- For cabin baggage: Smart bags must be within the cabin size and weight allowance. The battery should be removable.
- For checked baggage: Smart bags are allowed as checked-in if the battery is removed and it fits within the size and weight constraints.
Q. Do passengers need to collect their delayed or lost baggage from the airport?
Ans: Mostly, after the airline finds the item, it returns it within four hours, according to the distance the passenger is from the airport. And the airline will coordinate with the passenger and deliver it at their preferred time.
*While the information provided here is to the best of our knowledge, MyTicketsToIndia stands unaccountable for any updates that are subject to change at the airline’s discretion.
About Priyanka | View Posts
Priyanka Jadhav is a travel writer, who is inclined to explore different cultures and countries. When she is not writing, she is either reading fiction novels or surfing the internet for the next best place to add to her bucket list. Her interests piqued at a young age when she traveled across India and witnessed a variety of cultures, languages, foods, and people. If you're craving for an adrenaline rush, or need an instant travel update - Priyanka has a way with words to help you in every aspect possible. Bring quirky articles and the latest travel updates your way through MyTicketsToIndia, she aims to provide travelers with the necessary information possible.